Gaspacho is a cold soup made with vegetables, mostly tomatoes, cucumber and green pepper. Very popular in southern Portugal and southern Spain is typically consumed during the summer.
There are various variations in the recipes, see below our version of the traditional recipe of Gazpacho Andaluz.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 Person)
- 1 kg red tomatoes
- 70 g cucumber
- 50 g green peppers
- 40 g soft onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g olive oil
- 30 g white wine vinegar
- 350 ml cold water
- 1 tsp of salt
- Clean the tomatoes and cut them into pieces and remove the seeds.
- Cut the green peppers into pieces and remove the seeds.
- Peel the cucumber, onion and garlic.
- Place the tomatoes, green peppers, cucumber, onion and garlic in the blender.
- Add the olive oil, vinegar, salt, water and blend at maximum power.
The gazpacho should be served cold. If your blender is powerful enough you can replace part of the water by ice, this way you can serve immediately. Otherwise keep it in the fridge for a while to cool down.
The Portuguese Gazpacho or Arjamolho
The Portuguese recipe includes all the same ingredients plus bread cut into small pieces and is not blended. Is served as a cold salad matching perfectly with fresh grilled fish
Enjoy the climate and gastronomy of Tenerife and book now your next holidays at http://www.muthuhotels.com